Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Do you remember where you where when you heard the News "John Lennon is dead"

I do, even though it was 30 years ago and a life time has been lived since then. I was just starting out then and here his life was ended, leaving a young family.  I was just 20 years old, just moved to Calgary, staying with my Mom, in a rented trailer, working at the Co-op.  I was listen to a Chicago radio station (I think).  I had just bought his new album and was loving it.  I think it was the first time I actually mourned a celebrity, Diana and Heath Ledger were about the only other deaths that seem to strike  a cord within my soul. Can't tell you why those 3, someday maybe the Goddess will show me why?
In the last 30 years, I have met my DH, had my beautiful daughter and my wonderful, if sometimes annoying son.     Lived in Calgary, Toronto, New Castle NB, Tracdie NS and back to Calgary.
Been through some rough times and lots of good times as well. Looking forward to another 30 years of memories.

No comments: