Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sad Day :(

Tonight we will be having the vet come in to our home to help us send our beautiful 17 year American Eskie to Summerland.  MacLeod has not been doing well the last year.  Most of the family feel that he is not getting the quality of life he should be having.  He has in the past few weeks refused to take pain medicine for his hips and his anti-anxiety medicine as well.  It is a bittersweet feeling, sad to say goodbye but happy he will no longer be in pain and he will find his best bud Eclipse waiting for him.  I don't have good pictures on this computer, but felt I should post a short post.

Mac with Freyr and Freya a few years ago

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. And that is a beautiful picture of him and the kittens x

quiltluvr said...

I'm so sorry for you. Last summer we had to make that same decision for our sweet Goldi. She was 18. It's hard to let them go but especially for me it was hard to make that choice though I knew it was the right decision.

Thinking of you,

Charla

Saija said...

I love the picture and I can tell Macleod was well loved and you did the right thing for him. Keep remembering the good times - he knows he is always in your hearts.

kevin.talley said...

I prayed for you on the day this happened. I hope it helped.