Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Everyone east of here is complaining about the heat but where is ours?

Long weekend, so glad I don't do camping.  At least not this early in the season. brrrr.  It was 3 degrees in Edmonton this weekend.
Went up with DS to see hubby and to attend a benefit for a good friend of ours.  His wife is hubby's cousin and DD godmother.  He has been diagnosed with cancer. Not sure what kind but do know it has spread pretty much everywhere. He is so young.  Sometimes you wonder why things happen to good people.  The benefit was wonderful, considering the reason.  We raised just over $5,000 for him and his family.  Both him and his wife seem to be in good spirits and taking it one day at a time. What else can you do?  It does put a lot of things into perceptive.

I did get three cards made but the pictures are still on the camera.  I will upload them tonight as I have to email pictures I took of my Mom's china and treasures for an auction house to see if they are worth auctioning or just donating to goodwill.
Short week, but again a long list of to do's.

No comments: